Meet Our Team
Graduate Mechanical Engineer with registered Professional Engineer status with APPEGA in the province of Alberta, Canada. Over 30 years of Design and Projects Management experience in Industry and commercial sectors. This experience covers all aspects of Project Management from initiation to completion, working with renowned organizations in Pakistan (Fauji Fertilizer, Union Texas Petroleum), Middle East (Shell Iran, Petroleum Development Oman & Qatar Petroleum), Europe (Anic spain Italy) and North America (Hanscome Limited, Agra Monenco and Kellogg Brown & Root).
Management of Projects (Industrial, Infrastructure, Commercial and Social Sector) from Concept to Completion. Formulation of Project Execution Strategies and Plans. Schedule and Cost Management, Projects Risk Analysis and Contracts Management.
Kellogg Brown & Root (KBR) – Canada
Worked with KBR as part of their Project Management Team as Lead Cost Specialist on Syncrude Canada expansion project with a total value of USD 7.5 billion. Provided cost forecasting for major construction contracts worth USD 500 million, identifying potential cost overruns and factors contributing to such overruns and recommending mitigation plans.
Agra Monence – Canada
Worked with project management team of consortium comprising of Agra Monenco Canada, Fluor Canada and Colt Engineering (All three leading Engineering and Project Management Companies in North America) providing EPC services for Shell Canada’s USD 3.5 billion Muskeg River project as lead Cost Specialist. Provided cost management services for major construction contracts worth over USD 250 Million.
Al – Hassan Trading and Contracting – Oman
As head of projects division managed a team of over 700 personnel including project engineers, site construction managers, QA/QC and HSE managers. Managed construction of a 100 MW Gas Turbine based power plant along with associated substation facilities.
Union Texas Petroleum – Pakistan
As Senior Manager Projects Engineering was responsible for all design and construction management projects for the company. These projects included infrastructure development i.e. roads, bridges, office and residential facilities, construction of colleges, schools and hospitals in addition to all production facilities. Designed and constructed oil export terminal at Karachi port
Fauji Fertilizer Co. – Pakistan
As Head of Project Engineering established a complete project engineering set up to provide project engineering and project management services to fertilizer plant in particular and process industry in general. Designed and constructed training centre for process industry operators & technicians, plant for recovery of urea from plant waste water, mobile fertilizer laboratories in addition to setting up procedures and policies for capital expenditures covering all aspects of projects management.
Have over eighteen years of professional experience in the planning, design and implementation of both urban and rural development projects with an appreciation to environmental issues. Broad experience of computer aided Analysis & Design of Water Supply, Sanitary Sewerage & Storm drainage systems, RCC structures, O. H. & U. G. water reservoirs, culverts, open channels and other physical infrastructure components. Working experience as consultant for providing Engineering services for rural infrastructure development projects implemented by NGOs including UNICEF. Worked with M/s Binnie Hunting Techred Joint Venture as a part of team of technical advisors to the Local Government, AJK on the implementation of World Bank funded, community based Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Project. The job has led to experience in extending advice to the implementing agencies on the policy, technical and analytical issues, physical/financial monitoring of the project and report writing on planning, status and progress of the projects. Experience on the job has further exposed to dealing with international donor agencies.
Development projects in Manshera & Chakwal.
Sanitation Acceleration Programme, Punjab.
M/s Zahoor Ali Qureshi Consulting Engineers.
Commercial Buildings and Infrastructure Development Projects
Binnie Hunting Techred Joint Venture, Muzaffarabad AJK.
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project (IDA credit 2228-Pak)
- Assist team and the client to address and develop approaches/strategies on the issues identified for the effective implementation of project objectives and their timely completion.
- Assist team in the development of unified implementation policies for the project and thereupon advise client on the technical and financial aspects of scheme implementation for the effective project management.
- Assistteam in identification and development of training material and extend training under the institutional strengthening objective to the local engineering staff & community for supporting the development of a sustainable project with the emphasis on effective community participation.
- Evolve and update MIS for the proper assessment of Project Implementation Status.
- Design Structural components as Reservoirs, Pipe crossings, Retaining walls and developed software for their cost optimized designs.
- Designing of water supply schemes as per design criteria and preparation of estimates.
- Visits schemes to monitor progress and facilitate executing agency in implementation.
– CAD in Structural Analysis and Water Supply and Sanitation. (SAP2000, Loop, Branch)
– Spreadsheet & Word processor. (MS Word, MS Excel)
Shahzad A. Sheikh
He has a successful and purposeful diversified span of professional career and has gained valuable experience in Planning, Management, Execution and Monitoring of development and construction of mega projects within and outside Pakistan.
He worked in various disciplines of Civil Engineering. This ranges from construction of sophisticated residential and commercial buildings with BMS (Building Management Systems like Fire Alarm System, Public Address System, Entertainment System, etc.) and the most modern equipment to Water Treatment Plant, Sewerage Treatment Plants and 184 MW Power House having hydraulic structures, Turbines, Generators, Auxiliaries and Cranes up to 130 tons capacity.
During his professional career he had opportunity to provide Technical as well as Management support in development and construction of projects to the following Multinational Companies.
- Marubeni Corporation, Japan.
- Taisei Corporation, Japan.
- SMEC (Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation), Australia.
- Pollution Engineering Sinderian Berhad, Malaysia.
- OMV (Pakistan) Exploration G.m.b.H, Austria.
- Clough Engineering Limited, Australia.
Working with these prestigious companies not only enhanced his Management Skills and Technical Acumen but also imparted confidence in him.
Has a high degree of hands on computer proficiency for accomplishing the professional assignments. Qualified certificate course in P3 (Primavera Project Planner). Well conversant with Microsoft Project. Used both software extensively while performing the professional assignments. Fluent in operating system (MS Widows) and MS office (MS Word, MS Excel etc.)
Planning, Developing CPM Schedules and Updates, WBS, Estimating and Cost Control, Cash Flow, Progress Reports, Document Control, Review of Contractor’s Invoices, RFI Process, Change Orders, Purchase Orders, Submittals, Construction Claims, Client /Sub contractor and Supplier coordination, Field administration, Bidding documents, Contracts preparation and negotiations.
Effinity Solutions, LLC.
Manager Planning and Control
Nespak, Islamabad office
ICI Pakistan Ltd.
Brinderson & Associates, California, USA
Senior Cost Engineer
Mangan Inc., Carson, California, USA
Project Controls Engineer
American Society of Civil Engineers-Associate Member
Pakistan Engineering Council Member
Completed CPR Training in First Aid; “Los Angeles Refineries Safety Overview” (LARSO) Test; Shell, ChevronTaxaco, MOBIL & BP Refinery’s Safety Training
Zaki Ul Haq
Vast planning and management experience in Power generation which covers not only captive Power in large textile unit but also on Sea going merchant vessels as chief engineer. Being a marine engineer I have proved myself a competent and skilled engineer both at shore and off shore. I have diversified experience of project planning and implementation of various Power generation and other engineering plants.
Effinity Solutions LLC.
General Manager (Power)
RSMS Jeddah, Dynacom Greece, NTSC Pakistan..
Projects Completed: 11.5 mW gas engines and gas turbines power plant installation supervision with HRSG.
300000 gallon/day RO plant installation supervision for 7500 TDS brackish water.
22 t/h steam boilers gas fired installation.
14 m3/hr Caustic recovery plant finalization and installation supervision
100 beds state of the art cardiac hospital all power engineering supervision
Establishing and finalization of power need for large garment unit and its electrification work supervision.
Advance Fire Fighting. (Pakistan Marine Academy)
Proficiency in Survival craft. (Pakistan Marine Academy)
Medical First Aid (Pakistan Marine Academy)
ISO 14000 Lead auditor course (BVQI Karachi)
Gas Engine Familiarization. (Allied Engineering Karachi) Basic Electronic two months Course.
Primavera project planning familiarization.
Naveed Ahmad Gill
Project Implementation and Coordination, Feasibility Studies and Planning, Mechanical Fabrication, understanding of Financial Models.
Project Director – Farmers Market (Pvt) Ltd. BIOBLITZ
Supervised all mechanical, electrical, utilities and power systems of commercial scale greenhouses. Supervised design and implementation of piping and treatment systems for complete facility
Manager (Engineering) Alnoor Ceramics & Limestone Products (Pvt) Ltd. Rawalpindi
- Production planning of 4000 tons/year refractory bricks plant
- New product development and production enhancement
- QC/QA supervision and implementation
Manager (Technical Coordination) Lucky Cement Ltd., Islamabad
Responsibilities during Contracting and Plant Design
- feasibility study and negotiated the main plant contract
- Supervised design meetings.
- Review and audit of local manufacturing
- Conducted manufacturing inspections in China
- Coordinated local manufacturing with supply of equipment from foreign countries
- Monitored progress of plant erection and prepared reports on the progress
- Coordinated erection supervision by foreign engineers
Activities Related to Captive Power Plant
- Conducted the feasibility study and prepared a comprehensive financial model covering capital and operational costs of the power plant (42 MW Output)
- Carried out evaluation of bids and equipment selection
- Negotiated the plant supply contract and prepared the implementation plan
Project Engineer Security electric Power Co., Islamabad
Joined the team for pre-feasibility study of 125 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant in Quetta
Muhammad Naeem Mian
Mr Naeem has 35 years of extensive experience in construction of large complex commercial and industrial projects as the site Manager. His work experience includes National & Multinational companies in Pakistan and abroad. He has worked on maintenance, erection and commissioning of Diesel Electric and Electric locomotives, Mobile Welding Plants and Compressors, Power House running on dual fuel Diesel engines and Liquid Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon Plants and Carbon Dioxide Purification and Liquification Plants. Quality of work has been on International standards following International safety standards of NOSA (South-Africa), which is well known throughout the world.
BOC Pakistan Limited
Worked as Maintenance Engineer on Maintenance of 100 m3/Hr Oxygen Plant, Dissolve Acetylene Plant and Oxygen/Nitrogen Compression.New Cylinder handling and compression facility started August 1988 completed in December 1988 on a fast track.
1600m3 Liquid Oxygen plant project at Lahore.
Clearing of Site for Civil Works.
Shifting of Gas holders and Pipelines of 400m3 running plant.
Complete civil works from digging of foundations to RCC work of heavy machines foundations and plant room building was supervised. Progress of civil contractor was monitored on weekly basis to meet the scheduled target dates.
Erection of Plant.
- Erection of Electrical/Mechanical machinery and Equipment
Trails and commissioning.
Trail runs, Commissioning, commercial Production.
Civil works machine foundations, Plant room building, office block, apron for tanker parking and storage vessel foundations.
Calcimine Co. Iran.
Worked in Iran with Calcimine Co. on their Angouran Project.
Joined the company when the civil construction work of the foundations started. Have been working on Erection of this plant right from the primary crusher to the last stage including commissioning the construction, erection nand commissioning of the Power plant.
Karachi Gas Company
Engineering Assistant on maintenance of plant and Equipment.
He worked at the maintenance engineer for the electric locomotives at Central Diesel Electric Locomotive Workshops Rawalpindi, Karachi and 25 KV Electric locomotives workshops at Lahore.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: Mechanical Engineer
13 years of experience in Project Control as Project Planner / Scheduler / Cost Controller with Multinational Europeans & Japanese companies on large industrial, infrastructure and commercial EPC projects such as Gas Plant, Petrochemical, Cement Plant, Water Treatment Plant, Telecom Network, Sewerage Disposal System & Residential Buildings in South Asia.
- Extensive experience in use of Primavera Project Planner (P3), Microsoft Project, Report Writer,Auto Cad, 3D Home Architect, Windows, MS word, Excel, Power Point, Maximo & CENTRA 2000.
- Proven team player; self-starter, problem solver, demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines consistently through effective prioritization of workload and delivery schedules.
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Compliance of quality control and quality assurance in addition to safety practices meeting ISO 9000 standards
- Prepared Mobilization plans.
- Prepared complete budget for the projects and monitored with latest cash flow and actual cost bookings and highlighted areas of concerns.
- Prepared and maintained CPM resource loaded programs for all phases of the EPC project which include engineering, procurement and construction work.
- Updated the schedule regularly with cost and schedule performance analysis based on earned value with S-Curves, Histograms and tabular matrices, cost, schedule variances and performance indices at different levels of WBS to suit different levels of organization.
- Monitored the changes in scope of work against the established baseline and determined their impact on cost and schedule and recommended corrective measures.
- Created procurement schedules, material requisition and purchase order status reports
- Developed a detailed Tie-ins shut down schedule based on hourly planning.
- Printed all the Logic Diagrams, discussed the logic with all departments and finalized the total integrated Resource loaded schedule including all the project deliverables, milestones and key dates summarizing up to level 1 Master Schedule
- Responsible of all technical documents and drawings by using in-house made software.
- Prepared monthly financial analytical study of project and other variance reports for monthly project review meetings, Quarterly cash flows.
- Generated various progress and performance reports of engineering and project activities using Report Writer on P3 and Excel.
- Prepared Invoice and submitted to client including variation orders.
- Kadanwari Upgrade & Miano Gas Field Dev. Project, (Sindh) Pakistan. (Client: OMV (Pakistan)
- Installation of two Dehydration Units at Qadirpur Gas Field. (Client: Oil & Gas Dev. Co. Pakistan)
- VCM Handling and Storage Facilities , (Client: Engro Paktank Terminal Limited, Pakistan)
- Zamzama Phase-1 Gas Field Development. Project, DADU, Pakistan. (Client: BHP Australia)
- Construction of Water Treatment Plant Khanpur-1, Islamabad, Pakistan (Client CDA Pakistan)
- 5500 TPD Chakwal Cement Plant (Turn Key) at Kalarkahar, Pakistan. Client: Chakwal Group.
- Construction of Southeast Trunk Sewerage System, Ferozepur road, Lahore. Pakistan